Thursday, May 07, 2009

GREEN STREET HOOLIGANS!


I'm forever blowing bubbles / Pretty bubbles in the air / They fly so high / They reach the sky / And like my dreams they fade and die / Fortune's always hiding, I've looked everywhere / I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air. / United! United!

It is West Ham United's theme song. Really catchy! :)

Hello readers! I am currently sleeping over at Zul's and have just finished watching Green Street Hooligans. The movie is about crazy football hooligans (each team has a firm) taking over one firm at a time. I gotta say, it's pretty fuckin' sweet! Matt Buckner -- played by Elijah falls in with a violent West Ham football firm (the Green Street Elite) run by his brother-in-law's brother and is morally transformed by their commitment to each other. The movie received an R rating from the MPAA for brutal violence, pervasive language and some drug use. The story and screenplay were developed by former hooligan turned author Dougie Brimson. Throughout the film, the Green Street Elite fight other firms such as Tottenham Hotspur's Yid Army, Birmingham City's Zulus, Manchester United's Red Army and Millwall's Bushwackers.

It is so sad that the movie had to end with Pete Dunham's death. One part where a fight is started with Birmingham's firm, which results in Matt getting jumped by three Birmingham fans, who nearly perform a gruesome torture act upon him (the 'Chelsea Grin') until a small party of the GSE intervene, which progresses to a bigger fight with the rest of Birmingham's firm. Though grossly outnumbered, the small party of the GSE manage to hold their ground against Birmingham until reinforcements of the GSE arrive led by Bovver and chase off the Birmingham firm. Matt does well in his first true fight and is inducted into the GSE.

Pete Dunham: You don't run, not when you're with us... You stand your ground and fight!

This particular line as said by Pete Dunham inspired me to stand my ground and fight. My favorite actors in this movie are Charlie Hunnam and Leo Gregory. Check them out! ;)

I'd have beat the seven shades of shit out of him!



Sorry Ashif. I guess there is no need for me to borrow your DVD now :p Hahaha! You guys should watch this before watching the sequel. And then you'll understand the whole story why Dave Miller wanted to take revenge over his best mate's death.

No comments: