Saturday, July 04, 2009

Will the school continue extend holiday?

July 1, 2009 – 6:21 pm

you all think the school will remain closed? i heard singapore not all school is closed, some of the school still remain open but as what i heard is..after re-opening school for few days,
got 500 student and 20 teachers shows symptom of flu and all of them are under quarantine now. brunei school has extended for another week. will brunei school remain closed or will open? singapore H1N1 case hit up to 700+ now. brunei has reached 42 cases now.its really spreading very fast.

This post was submitted by worried parent.

One response:

Good question. I wd suggest it be closed another week judging the way things are going. I am a parent with kids and am really worried. I don’t care whether my kids are missing lessons - their lives are more precious to me. In this world, sometimes things don’t go the way we want it to go. What’s imp is to take precautions. I know any decision made by MOH / MOE is not going to please everybody but frankly after discussing with other parents all i had talked to [ovr the phone of course. i avoid meeting people now] agree that another week of closure is needed. Our country has 66 cases till yesterday which is far too much for our small population. MOH keeps telling not to panic but frankly speaking, panicking is all what I am doing now. I have young kids and elderly parents. I am so worried. I have nightmares about this at night and nothing else is on my mind. My hubby tells me not to panic too but I just can’t stop panicking. what about tamiflu? is it advisable to take it as precaution?

By really panicking on Jul 2, 2009.

http://www.bruneiclassified.com/newhys/2009/07/01/will-the-school-continue-extend-holiday/


Wow. A total of 700+ cases in Singapore already? This disease is very deadly! My friend in New Zealand said Wellington is affected also. About 200+ cases were reported.

No comments: