Monday, March 21, 2011

A pair of Brazilians seals the win!

Chelsea 2 – 0 Manchester City

I couldn't watch the game because my Astro SmartCard is inactive. Boohoo! But nevertheless, Chelsea has won at the Bridge against Manchester City with a scoreline of 2 - 0. With a beautiful cross from Didier Drogba, Brazilian defender, David Luiz, did it again for the second time for the Blues with a powerful header into the net. City's goalkeeper got his hand on the ball, but didn't manage to keep it out. I was afraid that City might get back into the game and score an equaliser, but Ramires made it two with a superb solo effort to seal the win! Birthday boy Fernando Torres, who turns 27 yesterday, didn't get his birthday goal, but did play a great first half. Just by reading Chelsea FC's tweets, I knew the Blues were looking sharp today -- with excellent defending from David Luiz. Thanks to ESPN Live for keeping me updated on the game! I shall sleep well tonight. Also congratulations to Liverpool for winning against Sunderland, also with a scoreline of 0 - 2.

Keep The Blue Flag Flying High

No comments: