Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Habit of Thinking Positively.

10 Secret and Essential Steps to Develop the Habit of 
Thinking Positively:
 
1.  When experiencing a negative moment, understand that you 
will need time to vent, but resist the impulse to "keep venting"
for days and days or weeks, or "forever."  Get it off your 
chest, and then OFF your mind using problem solving techniques.
 
2.  Think "problem - solution."  Most problems do have 
solutions, and most problems are not instantaneously solved.
Think about that for a moment.  Decide what the next step 
should be.
 
3.  Make a list of possible solutions, with an outcome 
predicted for each solution.
 
4.  Weigh the outcomes, pick one or more solutions 
and begin to think of "how to" steps.
 
5.  Write down the "How-To's," then prioritize them.  
Take all the time necessary to focus on this task. 
 
6.  Take time for physical exercise, it does help your 
mood.
 
7.  Vent to friends and ask them to give you feedback.  
Brainstorming with others increases creative thinking.
 
8.  Use self talk that builds you up, saying something 
like:    
 
  • I can do this
  • I will be ok
  • I can solve this problem
  • I can find qualified help
  • This will get better as I work on it
  • I need to be patient
  • I need to keep trying
  • I need to put this aside until later.

No comments: