Monday, May 24, 2010

Men on the run.

I was told to come for the tryouts today and my first and last event was the 800m run as a replacement for my friend, Vincent Goh. It started out smooth at first. When it came to the second round, I took first place but then I was slowly wearing down, feeling exhausted. Close to the finish line, Harith Waie sprinted for the last few hundred metres and overtook me, taking first place. Macdougall's Jan came running in too and got second place. Lucky for me, I managed to get third place while in a very close finishing with Cornwall's Tu Kian Eng or I would've been in fourth place.

After the long run, I was so tired that I barely could feel or move both of my legs. First, I laid down on the track to rest but then, Afiq told me to stand up to avoid a more major pain. I did. When I couldn't withstand the pain, I immediately laid flat on the field. It felt like as if I didn't have any legs. I called for aid but it only seemed Afiq helped out. Soon, Fathul and Fikri came down from the bleachers and thought that I was faking it. After awhile laying dead flat, Afiq, Fathul and Fikri tried to put me back on my feet but I was helpless. In the end, Fathul carried me all by himself to the nearby bleachers. Man, I'm never going to participate for that kind of event ever again. I could've gotten myself killed! I'm just glad it's over with.



From now on, Fikri and Asniza's name will be highlighted green as requested by the man himself. :)

No comments: