Thursday, September 23, 2010

First defeat this season for the Blues.

Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle United


First, it was Salomon Kalou. Next, it was Yossi Benayoun. Chelsea who already used up 3 substitutions has to play 10 men on the pitch. If it wasn't for Van Aanhort's nap and Jefrey Bruma's clumsy foul, Chelsea would've won tonight's match - maintaining a clean record for not losing in this season. I guess Newcastle United beat them to it with a flick from N. Ranger and a superb free-kick from R. Taylor in the first half. Both teams played very well. It was a breath-taking match indeed. I, myself was cheering off especially during Nicolas Anelka's cool penalty shootout. No one would take a penalty like that. Also, a new future star in Stamford Bridge, 17 year-old Josh McEachran performed tremendously on the pitch in his second appearance for Chelsea.
Even the commentators were impressed with his swift performance!

I can't believe I actually wasted my time staying up to watch the game when knowing that I have school later but not to worry. It is my own fault as well. I'd better go to sleep now.

No comments: