Friday, June 04, 2010

Schoolboy allegedly bashed up over t-shirt remark.

Bandar Seri Begawan - A 14-Year-Old Year Nine student suffered bruises on both his ears, right arm, elbows and back after he was allegedly beaten up by two Year 11 students, aged between 16 and 17 years old.


The incident happened at about 11:30am at a private school in the capital.
In an interview with Borneo Bulletin, the victim, aged 14, who was accompanied by his father yesterday claimed that he was assaulted at the corridor of the school compound.
Asked why he was beaten up, he said, "I made a comment about the jersey (T-shirt) worn by students of another school, which (I thought) was better than their jersey in terms of its design," he said.

"I was inside the classroom when one of them (alleged attackers) asked me to go out to the corner of the school where he punched me hard on both my ears and arm. Another boy who is his (first alleged attacker) classmate came and beat me again," claimed the victim.

"The bruises on my back were caused by a chair that they pushed against me," he alleged.
They stopped beating him after a teacher intervened, the victim claimed.
The victim's father who received a telephone call rushed to the school and made a police report at BSB Police Station in the capital. They were asked by the police to go to RIPAS Hospital for treatment.

According to the father, his son has been attending the school for the past three-and-half years.
He said the incident should not have happened, adding that a school is a place to seek knowledge and not a place to fight.

If the students encounter any problems at school, they should highlight the matter to the school authorities and not settle the matter among themselves, said the father.-- Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin

No comments: