Friday, December 04, 2009

Be my escape - Relient K.

I’ve given up on giving up slowly. I’m blending in so you won’t even know me apart from this whole world that shares my fate. This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption because I know to live you must give your life away. I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and I’ve been locked inside that house all the while you hold the key. I’ve been dying to get out and that might be the death of me and even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because I gotta get outta here. I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake. I’m begging you to be my escape. I’m giving up on doing this alone now 'cause I’ve failed and I’m ready to be shown how he’s told me the way and I’m trying to get there and this life sentence that I’m serving. I admit that I’m every bit deserving but the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair. I am a hostage to my own humanity. Self-detained and forced to live in this mess I’ve made and all I’m asking is for you to do what you can with me but I can’t ask you to give what you already gave.

No comments: