Thursday, December 31, 2009

Your name was meant to be on the sand.

Moonlight Diary had band practice yesterday evening. It was supposed to be at 4:30 PM but we were late because we forgot to grab a few things from the house. My laptop, the guitar capo and the book where we write down our drafts. We even left the house 30 minutes late because the car wasn't available yet. An hour late but still going for the jam. We practiced for two hours from 6 o'clock until 8 o'clock.

I finally added drum beats to the songs that we played those are "Meant To Be" & "Name On Sand". We tried recording the songs on acoustic using the laptop but the sounds were really noisy and it was as if my speakers were going to crash so I tried using my phones instead. In fact, the sound clip from my phone was way better than the one in my laptop! I seriously need to buy a proper microphone for my laptop to do home recording.. or a new laptop. 0:)

After that, Zul had to go somewhere with Qidha so he dropped me off at Afiq's place to chill for a while. It wasn't too long when Zul left until.. Afiq made a beast out of him and got rid of the pain of being a man! Okay. Seriously - - that's an inside joke. We were going to rerecord two songs that we played earlier again but the thing is that Afiq forgot the lyrics for "Meant To Be" but remembered the chords and remembered the lyrics for "Name On Sand" but forgot the chords. == So the solution was to only rerecord "Meant To Be". Man, I'm starting to hum along to the song now! I didn't know it would turn out this way but yes, the tune is catchy when the drum beats were finally added! Hahaha. Anyways, I'm sleeping over at Zul's now and we're going to watch Zombieland after he finishes playing Grand Theft Auto 4. G'night!




When they put the walls around us, we can't stop what we believe.

No comments: