Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good night, world.

We went fishing today at Sungai Besar in Kota Batu. We bought live baits from around the area there. The first place we went to check for the baits was in Batu Bersurat but they ran out. After that, we tried Pasar Gadong. We surveyed the pasar for a cheap sale for prawns but to no avail. There were anchovies that looked like it would make a good bait so Fikri asked one of the fishmongers. Instead of expecting a yes for an answer, the guy immediately said no. He asked again if there were any live prawns for sale. He laughed. He said that it was his first time hearing that in the place. Prick. ==


Sungai Besar looked familiar. It seemed like I've been there with my step-father before. I think we fished for about an hour or so. Sadly, we had no luck. I had plastic bags hooked on my rod twice! Sometimes, the fishes beneath would eat our baits clean. We'll try again next time. Earlier tonight, we went to Bandar to check out the perayaan that's been going on. The weather was meddling with us. It started to drizzle for a short while but then it stopped. Fathul almost bought an umbrella. Well, the umbrella was costly anyway. I mean, $10 for an umbrella? I'd rather fill myself up with food and drinks. The fireworks were also displayed tonight near Istana Nurul Iman but from our side, the trees were blocking our view so we didn't really stayed that long to watch it. Now I'm back home. All sobered up. Bored with not much to do. I have school tomorrow which sucks. I best be on my way to bed now. Good night, world.

No comments: