Sunday, July 04, 2010

St. Andrew's 43rd Annual Sports Day was a blast!

Our annual sports day held at the SOAS field today was exciting and awesome! Danson's march past got a little out of hand because we missed our performance. We were supposed to stop and do it but our captain kept on marching until we lined ourselves up on the field. The other houses got to do their performances in the midst of their march. We thought we were screwed but luckily one of our fellow mates, Esther ran up to the emcees and demanded for us to do ours after all the other houses got into their line. I was the beatsmaker by drumming on the snare. I had lots of fun! We got third place in the march past but not to worry. I think all of the houses did a fantastic job!


I was so happy to see Danson on top of the ranking table placed in the middle of the field. We were a hundred points away from the other houses. A very job well done to the runners! You make Danson proud! Other chosen schools came for the invitational run as well. It was my first time to try and compete for it. I was the second runner and I could see that my friends were rooting and hoping for our school to win. Unfortunately, we got last place. No need for the long faces, guys. It was just for fun anyway. They've got very fast runners, I tell ya! And as for the 4x100m event; I was supposed to run for it but I injured both my hamstrings during the relay when I was about to hand over the metal rod to Amin. Therefore, Tayib replaced me. I thought Danson would win the 4x100m event but Cornwall lasted their way on track and brought home the victory followed by Danson, Hollis and then Macdougall.

The tug-o-war was carried out as the last event for the day. It was between Hollis and Macdougall - two strong teams to see and prove themselves who is the strongest of all the houses. Hollis won in the first round and Macdougall in the second round. It was a tie and everyone was supporting endlessly. Macdougall lost control in the last round and Hollis emerged victorious. Congratulations to the tug-o-war winners! It has been a very great and promising day for all of us! Thank you, guys!

No comments: